tirsdag 24. mai 2011

From Equator to the Polar circle

Ok, maybe not exactly, I was down to 7 degrees north of the Equator when I was on the Philippines, but I am 3 degrees north of the Polar circle now. I only miss 4 degrees for the heading to be exactly correct.

No matter the degrees; the weather and landscape speaks for itself. I went from having the sweat dripping down my back in Thailand to woolen underwear and thick socks in Lyngen in Troms in Norway. No mangos are growing here... But they do have fantastic mountains:



This satelite photo (from Google maps: Norway, Lyngseidet) must have been taken late in the summer, because is still lots of snow and the trees are just getting green here now. The landscape here is magnificent with steep mountains and snowcapped peaks divided by fjords where the water holds 4 degrees Celsius. Souds like something from a Discovery Channel program, but, yes, I think they could make a good program here. There are certainly a bunch of videos of skiing, climbing and hiking out on the internet from the Lyngen Alps.

But my stay here is not about expeditions in the mountains (just a small skiing trip on Saturday); I am enjoying Norwegian comfort and coziness! Western toilets, hot shower and ohh, the food: whole wheat bread with Jarlsberg Cheese! I also got my jello with vanilla custard for May, 17. And now I have made home made bread and cake for my sister's birthday tomorrow. And outside is 8 degrees, cloudy and Midnight Sun.
I got some pictures:

1 kommentar:

  1. Flotte bilder! Blir godt å få deg hjem igjen! :)

    SvarSlett